Thursday, November 25, 2010

Delicious, Rich layered Brownies



Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! Whew! Life has been hectic but in a good way! I unfortunately have not gotten to cook or post for that matter as much but I do have a recipe that I made this past summer (I know it was awhile ago). I saw these brownies on the adorable blog www.whatmegansmaking.com. I saw them and immediately knew I had to try them and boy were they worth it. My friend Shannon happened to be over the day that I made them and was happy to lick the bowl :) Lets just say she did not get to taste the final product but loved the batter! So if your looking for a yummy holiday treat you have found it! From the Splendid Kitchen Enjoy!!!

Ingredients:

Brownie:
1 c butter, melted
2 c sugar
4 eggs
3/4 cup Hershey's cocoa
1 c flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt

Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 lb powdered sugar
1 stick butter/margarine at room temperature
1 package cream cheese (8 oz) at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla

Chocolate Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 stick butter or margarine, melted
2-4 Tbsp evaporated milk
1 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted

First off pre-heat your oven to 325-350 degrees and grease a 13X9 baking pan.
Combine butter, sugar, and vanilla.



Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly.



Time to add the most important ingredient: cocoa! oh and flour, baking powder, and salt. I went ahead and combined the last 3 so that it would be easy to slowly add to the cocoa mixture.



When completely combined it should look like this...my mouth is watering just looking at it.


Pour into pan and cook for about 30-35 min. or until you insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean. When done let cool completely.



And the licking of the bowl begins.....


She's so happy :)


While the brownies are baking you can go ahead and make your icing.
Mix together butter, cream cheese, and vanilla.


Add powdered sugar slowly, mixing until smooth. At this point your brownies will most likely not be completely cool so you can just pop the icing in the refrigerator.

Perfection.

Spread over cooled brownies and let chill.



And for the last step....Melt chocolate and butter in double broiler. Next, mix with powdered sugar and add milk one tbsp at a time. Be sure and make sure this glaze does not become too wet. It is definitely a science but trust me you can do it! When it is ready pour on top of cream cheese mixture and spread out. You can either chill again so that the chocolate sets or just let it stay out...it is up to you. :)


All done now just time to eat up!!!


I hope you enjoyed this post of delicious brownies. Be sure and check back as I WILL be posting recipes during the holidays and I hope to be cooking more! Thank you for continuing to follow me even though the posts have been few and far between! From the Splendid Kitchen "Give thanks with a grateful heart."

Printable Directions:
http://sites.google.com/site/megansprintablerecipes/layered-brownies?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F

No comments:

Post a Comment