Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Puppy Chow



Hey guys sorry it has been a while...things have been busy but no fear I am still baking! This week the recipe is extremely easy and one that I thought most people had heard of; however, after mentioning to some people what it was that I was baking many thought that I was talking about dog food. I could not believe that they had never heard of this incredibly addicting treat...let's just say that I had a teacher that called it "crack" ha ha Anyway enjoy and let me know if you have heard of this fantastic treat and if you make it what you think of it. From the Splendid Kitchen Enjoy!!! Warning: Do not feed to your dog.

Ingredients:
1/2 Cup of Peanut butter
1 Stick of butter
1 12oz. Bag of chocolate chips
1/2 lb.-1 lb. of powdered sugar
1 Box of Chex Mix Cereal

Begin by grabbing a large mixing bowl and pouring in the box of Chex Mix Cereal


In a large measuring cup scoop 1/2 cup of peanut butter into it.

Next add the chocolate chips



Now all that is left is to add one stick of butter on top. I would then recommend placing a paper towel over the cup so that the mixture does not blow up all over your microwave :)



Take out after about 30 sec. and mix then put back in for a remaining 30 sec.



Take out and stir together...it should look like this...


Time to pour it onto the the cereal


Grab a large spoon and just begin the "over,under" motion...it will begin to get all chocolaty and delicious :)


Quickly get your powdered sugar begin to add in little intervals and then you can either 1) stir the powdered sugar in or 2) if you are feeling rather skilled you can toss it around in the bowl by moving it back and forth, up and down...let's just say I let my mom do this part :) otherwise I just stir


Once you decide how much powdered sugar you want it is good to go! I just put it in little baggies to take to the team because that was easiest.


And that is it! So simple,yummy and dainty. Enjoy and if possible be careful how much of this you eat otherwise a tummy ache will be inevitable.
Printable Directions:
1)Begin by putting the Chex Mix cereal into a large mixing bowl.
2)Put your peanut butter, butter, and chocolate chips in a microwavable cup or bowl and microwave for about 1 minute stirring half way through.
3)Stir, mixing it all together and pour over Chex Mix cereal.
4)Mix all throughout and begin to add powdered sugar.
5)Stir in powdered sugar.

2 comments:

  1. How much butter is there in a stick of butter and how much cereal in a box please? I am in the UK and would like to have a go with these delicious recipes, but we do not have the same ingredients as you, so I need to know the weight.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I had no idea that people other than I know actually read this! So here is the info... here 1 stick of butter is 1/4 pound and as for the cereal I typed it in on google and this is what came up. 14.25 ounces = 0.890625 pounds. Hope this helps and thanks for visiting the site!

    ReplyDelete