Saturday, February 27, 2010

Golden Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Icing and Sprinkles



First off I am sorry that it has been awhile since my last post. Things have been very busy with school and baseball but I do have a couple of pictures for y'all of something that I did the other night. It was Traci's birthday yesterday and for those of you who don't know who she is I have known her for a very long time...let's just say my whole life and she works at UH as the Director of Baseball Operations which just happens to be a job I would love to have in case anyone was curious :) Anyway I decided to make these yummy cupcakes for the pre-game meal on Friday for her, the coaches, the team and anyone else that might want one! These are very simple to make they can just take a while to ice if you are making a lot but they are well worth it especially if they are for a friend. Now they were just a box mix and canned icing but I thought y'all might enjoy some of these pictures. Hopefully I will have a new post in the next couple of days! Have a happy day from the Splendid Kitchen! P.S. I was not able to get a good picture of the Mississippi Mud Cake once we cut into it. Sorry...guess y'all will just have to make it!

This batter was AMAZING! What made it so great was that you had to beat it for 3 minutes which made it very light and fluffy.



After I had completed all 52 cupcakes! Yum!


I can taste them now...Also the trick to getting the sprinkles to stay was to pour them into a bowl and then dip the cupcake into them otherwise if you try to just sprinkle them on they will just roll right off.


The view from the top...


Hope y'all enjoyed the pictures. Now I am not including a recipe simply because I think you cannot go wrong with any boxed cake mix and icing but if y'all want to know specifics let me know!

1 comment: