Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Honey Cornbread Muffins




Hey everybody! So life has been very hectic the past couple of weeks with school about to end but don't fret I have still been cooking I have just had little time to post. Today I am sharing with y'all my go-to cornbread recipe. It is sweet and has such a great texture. I first made it last summer after I saw and episode of Down Home with the Neely's. Let me just say these are worth making and go really well with anything. From the Splendid Kitchen enjoy!

Ingredients
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
2 large eggs
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
Special equipment: paper muffin cups and a 12-cup muffin tin

Begin by pre-heating your oven to 400 degrees and greasing a muffin tin. I had to spray Pam in two tins.


Next grab a large bowl and mix in the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.



Now grab another bowl for the wet ingredients. Whisk together the milk, eggs, butter, and honey. (To keep the honey from sticking to the measuring cup spray Pam or something similar and it will come out a bit easier.




Now comes the fun part! Make a little well in the dry ingredients and add the wet.




Lastly pour the mixture into 12 muffin tins. If you would like you can put cupcake liners in instead of greasing it but it is your call.



After cooking for about 20 min. take out and put some butter on top and you are ready to eat!



So good! Also I tend to add a bit more honey just to make a bit sweeter and if you have left overs they freeze well! Much love! Also I would love to hear everyone's comments even if you have not made the recipe just to see where people are from who read this. Enjoy from the Splendid Kitchen!

Here is a link to the recipe.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/down-home-with-the-neelys/honey-cornbread-muffins-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment