Monday, March 8, 2010

Hannah's Kickin' Chicken



Let me just start off by saying that this chicken is very good! My sister got it off of the Tasty Kitchen and wanted me to try it so I thought I would give it a go. It was originally called "Butter Chicken" but that made no sense to me considering it is really not simply buttered chicken. So since my sister wanted me to make it I am calling it "Hannah's Kickin' Chicken." Your welcome sis. I decided to call it this because it is slightly spicy but still has this great creamy/rich flavor which comes from the whipping cream. With that being said it is very easy to make and excellent served over rice. Also I think this sauce would be great by itself served over rice. From the Splendid Kitchen...enjoy!

Prep Time: 12 hrs.
Cook Time: 40 min.
Serves: 4
Ingredients:
4 Pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
5 Cloves of minced garlic
1 Tsp. salt
1/2 Tsp. black pepper
1/2 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1/4 Tsp. ground coriander
1/4 Tsp. Cumin
1/4 Tsp. Cardamom
1 Whole juiced lime
1 Whole diced onion
1/4 Cups butter
1 Can(14.5 oz.) tomato sauce
1 Can(14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes
1 Pint whipping cream
1 Bunch of chopped cilantro, to taste
2 Cups of Basmati Rice or however much you want. Also can use any kind you like.

This first step you will actually do the night before you want this dish because it has to marinate over night.I did have a picture of all the ingredients that you will need to make the marinade but I unfortunately deleted it so you will just have to take my word for it. Begin by putting your garlic, salt, pepper,cayenne pepper, ground coriander, cumin, cardamom(I omitted because I did not have it in my pantry), and lime into a bag with your chicken. Be sure and cover all the chicken. It should look like this. Just put it in the fridge and when you wake up in the morning just turn the bag over just to move the juices around.

Note: you might want to put this on a plate when you place it in the refrigerator just in case any of the liquids happen to spill out.

Next saute your onion in the butter until soft.



Add the marinated chicken...cook for 5 min.


Flip over for another 5 min.


After letting chicken cook for a total of 10 min. add the tomato sauce and tomatoes. Put the lid on the skillet and let cook for 30 min. on med./low heat.


After 30 min. take lid off and add the whipping cream (I know it sounds weird but I think this is what makes this dish so creamy and good...it also gives it such a cool color!)



Then add the cilantro




Lastly, get your rice and place your chicken on top...and get some of that sauce while you are at it. It seeps into the rice making it really good.



Until next time happy eating from the Splendid Kitchen!

Short Instructions:
Combine first 9 ingredients and marinate over night. Saute the onion in butter until soft. Add marinated chicken and cook about 10 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook for 30 minutes over medium/low heat with the lid on. Add the whipping cream and cilantro just before serving over rice.
*If too spicy just cut the cayenne a bit

1 comment:

  1. SOOOO GOOOOD! especially now that it is named after me ;)

    ReplyDelete