Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Operation Rice Krispy



Ok so as I alluded to in my last post I was confronted with what I could possibly bake for the boys while on the road. After much thinking Traci finally came up with Rice Crispy Treats but not just normal ones...you guessed it they had to be chocolate. Let me just say it pays to have the hook up at a hotel. A man named Michael was able to get us a huge microwave in Traci's room which quickly transformed into Rice Crispy Central! The hotel also took me and my mom to the store to get all the ingredients. Lastly, The kitchen lent us a huge salad like bowl, two large spoons and a plastic tub perfect for melting the butter. So Friday morning after breakfast me, Hannah, Traci, Tricia(one of the assistant coaches wives) and Tyler(a team manager and fellow follower of the Splendid Kitchen)headed up to Traci's room to whip up four batches. Let me just say it was so so fun and I could not have done it without them. So thanks to my mom for going to the store with me, Traci for switching off with me on the mixing and pouring, Hannah for taking the pictures, Tricia for buttering the spoon and adding just the right amount of chocolate chips, Tyler for making a coffee run for me and my dad and the team for enjoying each and everyone of them! A quick recipe from The Splendid Kitchen!

Ingredients:
3 Tbsp. Butter (just to make Rice Krispys...I would recommend more to butter your spoon and pan)
1 10 Oz. package of marshmallows
6 Cups Rice Krispy Cereal
1 Bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Begin this very easy treat by greasing the pan with butter (keep in mind that I made 4 batches of these so you will see multiple pans)


Next add a bag of marshmallows to a large bowl (I chose to use the big marshmallows but the minis will work also)


After melting the butter pour over marshmallows and coat all of them.



Put the marshmallows back in the microwave for about 2 minutes and they will come out looking big and poofy and like they might explode...don't worry though they are supposed to look like that. Begin to stir immediately.


Then get your Rice Krispy Cereal...pour in...and continue to stir. The key to this is that you keep the mixture moving.





When all mixed together it should look like this


Time to add the chocolate chips. Now amongst the four batches we used the whole bag so for one I would recommend using 1/4 the bag for one. Also you could omit the chocolate chips but I think they make it really unique!


Once mixed use another large spoon to scoop them into the pan. It is important to butter the spoon so that it does not stick to it.


Push into pan and then let them set for about 20 min. and then they are ready to cut!




Let me just say these are really really good!

Printable Directions:
1)Grease pans
2)Melt butter
3)Pour over marshmallows
4)Mix over marshmallows
5)Put back into microwave for about 2 min.
6)Take out and begin to stir together
7)Add Rice Krispy Cereal and continue to mix
8)Add chocolate Chips
9)Mix together and put in pan
10)Press down with spoon

1 comment:

  1. By far the best rice krispies I have ever eaten! And I do make some pretty legit coffee!

    ReplyDelete